GearBlocks on Steam
Hi all, another minor demo update is out now with some small usability improvements and visual changes to the in-game maps.
- Minor usability improvements:-
- Builder tool actions (unfreeze, duplicate part, and delete part) now work even when targeting a manipulator handle.
- Unfrozen (individual) parts can now be directly deleted, without having to freeze them first.
- Move manipulator part resizing now works even when “transform” and “resize” actions are bound to the same keys.
- When no tool is active, the targeted part is only highlighted if it has an activatable or tweakable behaviour.
- Improvements to the “desert proving ground” map:-
- Implemented height based texture blending in the terrain shaders.
- Replaced terrain textures.
- Added grass and trees.
- Implemented a rudimentary “weather” system that adjusts the sky between clear and cloudy.
- Improved atmospheric scattering to better visually blend between the terrain, distant terrain, and sky.
- Improvements to the “flat plane” map:-
- Expanded its size to 8x8km.
- Replaced floor texture.
- Replaced sky with an environment cube map.
- Raised boundary height to 2 km in all maps.
- Bug fixes.
- Upgraded to Unity 2019.4.38.